Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Popeye would be so proud...


This dieting thing has done one thing so far and that is making me one with the food lables. Today at the grocery store I couldn't help but look at the nutritional info on every single thing I picked up.

I was a little disappointed with the diet frozen meals which I thought were a bit expensive, but worth it when I don't feel up to prepairing the night before for lunch. One brand was on sale and looked pretty good, however the saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" seemed to pop into my head at THE SAME EXACT TIME. As I turned the little freezing box around in my hand I was amazed by how NOT "diet" the meals were cracked up to be. I ended up buying two family sized bags of frozen leaf spinach and was amazed by how good it was for you. (0 fat, 3 grams of carbs and about 30 calories) per serving.
Looks like I'll be eating lots of it until I can no longer look at it anymore......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job on losing four pounds in one week!